Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Beyonce is a DIVA



I don't know about this one. I didn't really like Beyonce a while back in her early stages of Destiny's Child (especially with all the flak she was getting for being too selfish and being fussy about stealing the limelight from Kelly and Michelle), but I started to change my mind and really love her when she came out with her solo career.

But I'm still not sure about her recent album "I am Sasha Fierce". I wasn't all too impressed with "If I were a boy" (love the video... not so much the song), and "Put a Ring on it" - well that dance is RIDICULOUS (but I can't judge... since my roommates and I definitely tried to copy her dance moves... no names will be revealed).

But when Beyonce released the video of "Diva" with those CRAZY shades (and lyrics "A Diva is a female version of a hustlaaaa"), the Jay-Z influence is more obvious than EVER. Don't get me wrong, though. I LOVE Jay-Z. I'm just not sure how Beyonce-like this is. But who am I to say what she can and cannot be? She's B, and that's all she can be.

Watch Beyonce's "DIVA" video and tell me what you think!

2 comments: