Thursday, February 12, 2009

And The Award For The "Most Awkward Moment on Television" Goes To...



The last time I cringed this much in utter embarrassment was when I peed my pants as a kid during a school play. (ok... I'm exaggerating a little but you get the point).

WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO JOAQUIN PHOENIX?! I give David Letterman a standing ovation for dealing with what looked like the most awkward moment in television history.

Let me give you a play-by-play of what went down:

1. Joaquin Pheonix walks on stage looking like a neanderthal (or maybe trying out the old Brad Pitt look?), hiding behind a pair of dark shades.
2. Appears DRUGGED (either that or he is just dazed and confused).
3. Is short with Letterman or simply refused to answer his questions.
4. Comments that Letterman has been "gassing his audience with nitrogen" for laughing too much.
5. Does not know who is in his OWN MOVIE ("True Lovers" with Gwyneth Paltrow) nor does he know what clip Letterman is showing.
6. Proceeds to become "nervous" and spits his gum out only to stick it under Letterman's desk.
7. States he is leaving his acting career for the HIP HOP MUSIC INDUSTRY... YES I KNOW
8. Abruptly leaves stage after the interview.

I seriously have to hand it to Letterman though. He was trying to make jokes with Joaquin left, right and centre, but Joaquin just seemed to out of it. Letterman even went on to say "Well, sorry Joaquin you couldn't be hear tonight", only to receive one smile from Joaquin and a statement of "Haha... you're funny". Charming lad, really.

But let me just comment on one thing. JOAQUIN PHOENIX ENTERING THE HIP HOP WORLD?! ... wait WHAT?! I first heard of this hilarious news on That's What She Said, but didn't really believe until I saw his crazy antics on David Letterman.

Take a look at the interview here... and yes that IS Joaquin Pheonix... you may just recognize him...

2 comments:

  1. When did he become so weird? I don't ever recall such an awkward interview or performance by him pre-facial hair. I wonder if the beard has anything to do with his new persona.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so great. i'm so glad i came across this. i had started a "most awkward moments on television" tally on my blog, and looks like we have a new winner!

    ReplyDelete